New York State finally passed a law to legalize cannabis, setting off a regulated market for adults and consumers. Still, there are many questions about how this billion dollar industry will take shape in the Empire State.
To answer many of these questions, we hosted a half-day conference Thursday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. with some of New York’s most influential power players. This is your last chance to sign up for NY Cannabis Insider, which is presented by Hance Construction and which also has serious networking sessions throughout the morning. Register and buy tickets here.
Here is the location of the speakers and panels:
New York State Assembly Majority Leader Crystal Peoples-Stokes has led the state’s legalization of adult cannabis prosecution for years.
Dasheeda Dawson, cannabis tsarina for the city of Portland, Oregon, founder and chair of the cannabis regulators for the Color Coalition, chief strategist for CHEM, and best-selling author.
What you need to know about entering the cannabis room.
- Arthur Hance, Founder and President of Hance Construction, Inc., which provides turnkey construction management and general contracting services to the industrial, commercial and cannabis markets of New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
- Sam Andras, Senior Principal & Partner at MJ12 Design Studio / 2WR + Partners, both national architecture and interior design offices. MJ12 offers special services for the cannabis industry at home and abroad.
- David Serrano, a distinguished US Navy veteran, a pioneer in the cannabis industry and a staunch advocate for social and environmental justice. He is the founder and head of business development at Harvest 360 and H360 Labs. Harvest360 is NY Cannabis Insider’s social equity partner for this event
Insights into what’s next from industry insiders
- Ngiste Abebe, President of the New York Medical Cannabis Industry Assn. And vice president of public policy at Columbia Care.
- Allan Gandelman, founder and president of the New York State Cannabis Growers and Processors Association and co-founder of the CBD processing company New York Hemp Oil.
- Lizzie Kirshenbaum, Weedmaps Regional Government Affairs Manager
On our virtual network floor we have 12 round tables that are organized by sponsors and partners.
Hance Construction was selected to build one of the first cannabis growing facilities in New Jersey and has since worked on other medical cannabis projects, providing advice and location services.
SUNY Morrisville offers a cannabis industry minor that provides students with a thorough understanding of the cannabis space by combining portions of its agricultural, horticultural, and business programs.
Beak & Skiff Research is a vertically integrated manufacturer of high quality and consistent CBD products, including its new line of CBD infused sparkling water
Harvest 360, the social equity partner of NJ Cannabis Insider, is a cannabis consultancy specializing in application preparation and license management, working to break down barriers to entry for the communities hardest hit by the war on drugs.
Trichome Analytical, headquartered in Mount Laurel Township, provides the highest standard of accurate, compliant, and comprehensive testing and advisory services for cannabis and industrial hemp to growers, processors, retailers and regulators.
Weedmaps, a leading technology and software infrastructure provider in the cannabis industry, is an online marketplace where you can discover and explore products and brands, as well as find pharmacies and doctors.
Eaze, a California-based technology platform that connects adult consumers with local licensed retailers to deliver legal cannabis products on demand.
The Cannabis Health Equity Movement (CHEM), which is a coalition of BIPOC cannabis industry executives who work and innovate in the field. In collaboration with the Southern University Law Center, the CHEM Global Campus was recently launched, a White House-sponsored project to develop bespoke curriculum development for the cannabis leaders of tomorrow.
Marino PR is a full-service communications firm with offices in New York and Los Angeles and a leading cannabis practice.
New York State Cannabis Producers and Processors Assn. is an industry association that represents farmers, processors and other companies in cannabis and emphasizes the importance of environmental sustainability.
Click here for more information and to buy tickets. Space is limited.
The half-day conference is hosted by Advance Media New York, the company that publishes The Post-Standard, syracuse.com and NYUP.com, in partnership with NJ Cannabis Insider, a weekly online magazine and events group for New Jersey and the United States Northeast region.
For more information on purchasing tickets, click here.
Read more about New York cannabis on syracuse.com: